I always thought about Valentine’s Day as the perfect occasion to plan an amazing date with my significant other… until I became a mom!
Then I discovered the greatest love of them all and decided to celebrate this day doing beautiful and fun things with my daughters in addition to a date with my husband.
Here I want to share with you some ideas of what I’ve done in the past, just in case you need some inspiration.
1. Make a special Valentine’s Day breakfast. I made this hot cereal and powdered the cinnamon on top using a heart shaped stencil. You could also make heart shaped pancakes and use red coloring.
2. Dress them with Valentine’s theme clothes. Details with heart shapes or just some with the red and white colors would work.
3. Try fancy hairdos, like this heart shaped one. Another option is to use Valentine theme bows.
4. Make a Valentine’s theme photo shoot. It doesn’t have to be professional. This picture I’m sharing with you was actually taken in a homemade photo shoot. I made the back drop, bought some props and a friend took the pictures.
5. Give your kids a special little something with a handwritten note. I bought this cute heart shaped boxes and Valentine theme socks in the dollar store and added some chocolates. On previous years I’ve given them shirts, books or toys.
I hope you liked this ideas. Please, leave a comment and let me know which one inspired you the most.
Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day with your loved ones. ❤